Friday, August 1, 2008

the scum thickens...

My house almost exploded. Our water pump died and had to be repaired yesterday, letting us have time to truly miss having water. All it takes is about an hour, less if you actually like hygiene. So after spending 18 hours without water, we went somewhat insane. Seriously, it got so bad that Mom actually ended up spending ten dalla to get bottled water. The only reason I came out relatively unscathed were because of 2 traits:
1) I'm gross
2) My fathers many road trips has taught me hold "hold it" for a long, long time...
Still, we got that and the dryer fixed, so life should be good. But then I had to clean the bathroom. You know the garbage thing on the Death Star in the 1rst Star Wars movie? Add a sink and a crapper and you have our bathroom clearly pictured. It was gross! And I had to clean it. :(
The sink area was all I had to do personally, but that was enough. After I scraped out all the sludge, I found the sink to be twice as large as it used to be and that it DID have a drain. Still, at least I won't have to clean it for another year.

No comments: